Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Yoghurt Parmesan Baked Chicken


This is a family favourite taken from the Farmington Cookbook:


I have altered it slightly with Australian substitutes.


2 C crushed Ritz crackers

3 Tbsp parmesan cheese

3 tsp season-all

8 chicken breasts

250mls natural yoghurt

1/4 cup melted butter


Combine cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese and season-all. Coat each chicken breast with yoghurt, then coat each piece in crumb mixture. Arrange chicken in baking dich and drizzle with melted butter. (Note: A spritzer bottle with melted butter works well, as it ensures an even light coverage). Bake in 180C oven for 45 minutes or until tender. Serves 8.

2 comments:

Tara said...

I don't find being a vegetarian difficult, but when I am reminded of really yummy food I used to eat, I drool a little. This was one of my favourites when I ate meat.

Josh said...

Liesa were you inspired to put this one up as we left some in your freezer before we left??