Monday, June 30, 2008

Bolognese Sauce

I have usually just added ready made jars of pasta sauce, but thought I would experiment with our own version. It was a winner with the boys and I thought it had a lot more flavour too. I just used things that I already had in my pantry.

500g mince (omit for vegetarian)
3 x 410g diced tomatoes
1/3 C tomato paste
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp onion flakes (fresh onion if you prefer, but Andrew hates it)
1 Tbs worcesterchire sauce
1 tsp dried basil, fresh if you have it
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tsp salt
3Tbs caster sugar

Brown mince, add all other ingredients and simmer for 15 mins. Would also be good in crock pot.

This made about 1 1/2 times what we needed for Spaghetti Bolognese for 6 of us, (4 adult size, 2 kids).

1 comment:

Tara said...

Thanks for thinking of me!