Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Brown rice and Chicken bake


This is the least appealing looking meal I make, but once the boys overcame the look of it, they loved the taste. It is so good for you too!

3 cups cooked brown rice
2 cups cubed chicken breast, cooked
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1/2 cup light mayo.
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp taragon
1/2 tsp garlic powder
ground black pepper to taste

Mix together first four ingredients. Mix together remaining ingredients and stir through rice mixture. Spray a casserole dish with canola spray and spoon the rice mix into dish. Cover and bake at 180 for 15 mins. Serve with salad.

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love this one! Jared hates any type of caserole dish but he eats this one up and loves it! I brought home some of your recipes and this is on of the few I use often. By the way if you happen to have the Cool Grilled Chicken Salad recipe still--I lost it and we love the chicken marinade so please post it or send it to me! love the blog!

Corinne said...

We had this tonight and after Ethan took a bite he said, "This looks disgusting, but it's actually yummy." Joshua's first response to dinner every night is "Ew, yucky!" But he ate it all really fast! Keep the recipes coming.

Liesa said...

I'm glad you could get beyond the not so yummy looking picture!