Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Tomato and Bacon Fettuccine

6 Rashers Bacon (or about 1 cup diced ham)
440g can diced roma tomatoes
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
1 clove garlic
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
1/3 cup light cream (I have used evap. milk as a substitute)
1/4 tsp salt
ground black pepper to taste
500g Fettuccine (cooked to al-dente)

Method:
Trim fat from bacon (diced ham can be sustituted), cook over med heat with garlic. Add sun-dried tomatoes, then canned tomatoes. Add mushrooms if desired and allow to simmer for 5 mins. Add pepper, remove from heat and stir cream through. Pour over cooked Fettuccine and toss well. Serve with grated parmesan cheese.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

You are on the ball! Thanks...this was so yummy when we had it and a great no-bake meal for the hot months.

Tara said...

Sounds yummy - except for the bacon of course. I love the picture of the boys. I'm looking forward to having the inside scoop on your delicious food.

Jeni said...

I made this the other night and it was as good as I remember it and everybody loved it. Easy, quick and delicious...my kind of meal!