Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Lamb and Vegetable Kebabs

Diced lamb
zucchini
cherry tomatoes
red and green capsicum
pineapple (optional)
mint sauce

The quantities in this recipes are based on the preferences of the person eating. I just thread alternating pieces of the ingredients on skewers. I start by marinating the lamb cubes in mint sauce. I then brown the lamb before threading it on the skewers, leaving it a little bit pink in the centre. I do this because I have found that if I thread the lamb on raw, by the time it is cooked through, the cherry tomatoes have disintegrated and are falling off. (Yes learned from experience!) My kids loved these and they look pretty too. It is a bit time consuming dicing all the ingredients and then threading them on, so I save this recipe for a night we have plenty of time!

No comments: