Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Cherry filled Matchsticks



This is a variation of the traditional strwberry (jam) filled matchsticks. I used a can of cherry pie filling (bought in the US), but any sweet filling can be used.


2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 can cherry pie filling or jar of good quality strawberry jam
1 c fresh cream
1/2 c icing sugar
Method:
Pre-heat oven to 200C.
Cut puff pastry into half, then quartes so you end up with eight pieces. Place on baking paper lined tray and bake until well puffed and lightly browned. Cool completely and cut in half lengthways. Whip cream together with 1/4 c icing sugar until thick. Spoon cherries (or jam) over base, then cream. Replace pastry lid and dust with remaining icing sugar.

2 comments:

Jeni said...

Yay Lies!! I'm excited about this. Ok, last time we were there you made a yummy ham, noodle, tomato-y dish....do you know what I mean?? If you do will you post it when you get time? Also, I don't want to be demanding :) but you told me about some yummy shortbread treats that you make....I'd be happy to have a look at that recipe too! Love ya

Liesa said...

Hi Jen, I think the recipe you are refering to is Tomato and Bacon Fettuccine. I will post that one today. The other buscuits are melting moments. They are my favourite buscuits, but I don't make them often as I have absolutely no self control with them. I will dig out my recipe and post it soon.