Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Apple Crumble

It has always been one of our favourite desserts. It's quick and easy and the boys can even make it without me.

Apple Crumble


Ingredients (serves 6)
800g can apple pie fruit
3/4 cup plain flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
150g butter, chilled, cubed
1/2 cup rolled oats
1 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup desiccated coconut

Method
Preheat oven to 200°C. Spoon apple into a 6-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
Place flour, sugar, cinnamon and butter into a food processor. Process until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Transfer to a bowl. Stir in oats and coconut. Spoon mixture over apple. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden. Serve hot.

1 comment:

Tara said...

I didn't even realise you had updated. I check this blog regularly but every time I see the Bolognese Sauce listed on top I figure that you haven't updated. Today I decided to scroll through and saw all of these other recipes. Yum.
You know those roast potatoes you make with the rosemary? Can you post what you do to make those?